Wednesday 4 April 2012

Keep on running


This poster pretty much sums up my relationship with running at the moment!  I am trying so hard to get back into it after running a gruelling half marathon last year (something I will not be repeating).  I 'enjoyed' running it, more the sense of achievement once we'd finished, but the last 3 miles were disastrous! And we raised over £600 for Dementia UK which is a fantastic cause that's very close to my heart.

Pre-race excitement!

But the winter months have been a struggle.  However, I've discovered a brilliant, free running club - Sweatshop Running Community - which organises weekly 5, 6 and 7km runs so you can progress.  And I have a fantastic running buddy who really does keep me going.  

The plan is to sign up for a 10km in May/June time, run it in an hour and catch the running bug again!  Any suggestions for runs would be much appreciated, and I'll keep you updated on my progress!

Rebecca x

No comments:

Post a Comment